Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cookies

Katrin gave me the cutest cookbook for my birthday. It's a Winnie the Pooh Cookbook and the recipes are really simple. I am a collector of cookbooks and I had never heard of this one. So a quick Google search to learn more about the book and I also found a vintage version.

This morning I whipped up some oatmeal honey cookies in about 10 minutes. The recipe was very easy, but I changed a few things. we only had Quick Oats and not rolled. I added cinnamon. I added an extra 1/4 cup of rolled oats because the batter was a bit runny. These are actually some of the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had. I think the secret is the 1/4 cup of honey. Every recipe in this book includes either honey or jelly because that's what pooh bear like to eat, you know.

2 T of room temp butter ( I bake with Smart Balance)
1 T vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey (coat your measuring cup with cooking spray before measuring the honey. It will slide right out)
1 large egg
1 T water
1/2 all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 t salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 t cinnamon (I added this to the recipe)
1 3/4 c rolled oats (quick outs worked for me)
You can also added a cup or two of raisins, chocolate chips, apples, etc

Preheat oven 350 degrees
Blend butter, vegetable oil, brown sugar, honey, water, and egg thoroughly
Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Blend thoroughly.
Add the oat.
Add extra goodies like the chocolate or apples.

Scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet with a spoon.
Cook for 12-15 minutes.
Voila! Oatmeal cookies good enough for a Pooh Bear!







No comments:

Post a Comment