Tuesday, December 21, 2010

In Case You Were Wondering. . .

this is how you flip a dump truck back on to it's wheels.




I came home from some light holiday shopping to find a recycling truck flipped on its side. I have a pretty good idea as to how it happened, too. The stop sign that leads out of our development seems to have no impact on people. The word yield doesn't even apply here. A rolling stop doesn't fit either. Most people look both ways and floor it if they don't see another car coming. It's interesting. There are at least 5 police officers that live our development. You would think that neighbors would at least try to abide by a few of the traffic rules

This truck was turning left onto the main road. He had to be driving fast in order flip this monster machine. Luckily, they didn't go over the embankment into the woods below. Seriously, people would have died, but no one was injured this time.

All I know is that the Styrofoam egg carton I sneaked in the bottom of the bin got picked up before this major accident that has had the road blocked for about 3 hours. I love recycle day!

No comments:

Post a Comment