Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just Plain Tired

I never thought I'd have a toddler. It's a weird concept, at least for me it is. Other tired mother's have toddlers, but not me.

Being pregnant was an exhaustion that I can't even begin to explain, but I trudged through it proudly missing only a couple days of work during those 9 months. But having a toddler has a whole different definition of tired. However, if you took out early mornings, looooong commutes, and jammed packed work days we might be able to dedicate more than an hour in the evening to Greydon each day and maybe be able to partake in a myriad of projects, hobbies, and volunteer opportunities we love and that help keep us balanced and healthy. We've lost touch with friends. Heavens, we are actually are too exhausted to even pick up a phone anymore. We trust that people might Facebook us to keep in touch once in a while or at least I can see what you are up to by reading your posts. I have a "To Do" list a mile long and don't even know where to start.

But I find, no matter how filled with exhaustion, when I wake Greydon in the morning or pick him up at school and he drops whatever is in his hand to come running to me, I get a surge of energy that just makes the tired away. The "To Do" list slips from my mind. Who cares if we don't have food in the fridge tonight - we'll wing it. Screw I haven't been on the treadmill in ages. I'll sew Fletcher's buttons on his shirts another time. No matter how challenging life gets, Greydon makes it so much more fun.

So I'm sorry if I haven't called or emailed. I'm sorry that we don't come to visit. We'll each other soon again, I hope, and I promise to be well rested!

No comments:

Post a Comment