While traveling home from a weekend trip, we decided to get off of Route 95 to avoid a terrible 8 mile back-up due to a car accident. A minute into our secret sneaky route, we got into our own accident. The woman in front of us slammed into the truck in front of her. We hit the breaks and came to a stop, but the car behind rear-ended us, thus pushing us into the car in front of us. It was a four car pile up.
Everyone was fine, however I was having neck pain and a headache at the base of my skull, so I was taken to the ER for x-rays. All came back negative. Fletcher and Greydon were also checked out or injuries. Greydon was perfectly fine and gave lots of smiles to the nurses and doctors. Naturally, he was a hit!
My parents met us at the hospital and drove us home to Damascus. They stayed with us the next morning. Thank goodness for them!!!
Monday, Fletcher drove to Fredericksburg to retrieve all of the contents of the car. They are suspecting the car will be totaled, but Fletcher thinks they can fix it. Doesn't matter to me, but I either want our old Element back or a new-used Element because I LOVE OUR CAR! It fits us just perfectly and I can't imagine life without one. Fletcher and I dated in that car, went camping, and road-tripped our relationship to perfection in that car. It has been a daily part of our lives for the past four years. We'll miss you old pal.
Everyone was fine, however I was having neck pain and a headache at the base of my skull, so I was taken to the ER for x-rays. All came back negative. Fletcher and Greydon were also checked out or injuries. Greydon was perfectly fine and gave lots of smiles to the nurses and doctors. Naturally, he was a hit!
My parents met us at the hospital and drove us home to Damascus. They stayed with us the next morning. Thank goodness for them!!!
Monday, Fletcher drove to Fredericksburg to retrieve all of the contents of the car. They are suspecting the car will be totaled, but Fletcher thinks they can fix it. Doesn't matter to me, but I either want our old Element back or a new-used Element because I LOVE OUR CAR! It fits us just perfectly and I can't imagine life without one. Fletcher and I dated in that car, went camping, and road-tripped our relationship to perfection in that car. It has been a daily part of our lives for the past four years. We'll miss you old pal.
This is the car that hit us.(seen stage left in the ditch).
Red car had rear-ended the truck first.
Red car had rear-ended the truck first.


1 comment:
HOLY COW!!! I had no idea you were in an accident!! Thank goodness you're all okay!
Post a Comment